Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipe From Hell

So. I'm newly in love with e-mealz.com. I've told you about it before. But, seriously. It has changed my cooking life. I don't stress about what to cook for dinner anymore. I don't worry about the "complete" meal - they even tell me sides. They give me a weekly grocery list, so I always have the ingredients I need on hand. And, my poor family isn't having to be fed a steady rotation of spaghetti, tacos and meatloaf. I could go on and on.

However.

They told me to make Fish Stick Po'Boys.

Now, I know they can't hit them all out of the park. But, Holy Barf Wad, Batman. This was bad.

Let me reemphasis. Dis.gus.ting.

I know cooking up some frozen fish sticks and throwing them in a Po'Boy sandwich wouldn't have been the most nutritionally sound decision. But, at least that would have tasted good - especially with the yummy sauce that was part of the recipe. Baking frozen tilapia fillets and cutting them in strips so the slimy, fishy foulness goo-ed in your mouth with each bite. Well, that was just cruel.

As Shawn said, "I think one of the fundamental requirements of a recipe should be that it doesn't make people throw up in their mouths."


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails