Sunday, September 23, 2012

Balloon Treats

I knew there was a reason to keep this blog up! It was so I would have a place to put pictures that I needed to pin on Pinterest. Clearly.

Last week Kindergarten had a Balloon Unit study (that culminated in "Balloon-A-Mania." Which meant that each parent was sent home with about 30 water balloons to fill. And, I'm pretty sure that being asked to fill a gazillion water balloons seriously damaged my relationship with Lulu's teachers). Anyway. I digress. Elizabeth was "Snack Helper" for the week, which meant we brought the daily snack for her class. And, the teachers requested that the snacks fit the theme of the week.

Once I threw any dream of taking healthy snacks out the window, I was able to come up with some ideas. There was woefully little to be pilfered from the internet. So, because I'm all about making the world a better place, I thought I would put my five ideas for Balloon Treats on the internets for the next poor sap who has snack duty on Balloon week. You're welcome.

And, here they are...

Hot Air Balloon snack cups
Hot glue three ribbons (about 10" long) to the edges of plastic cocktail cups.
Tie helium balloons to ends of ribbons. Fill cups with snack mix.
Cheese Crackers with squeeze cheese ribbons
Put three dots of squeeze cheese on a paper plate
and press cheese cracker sandwich on each dot.
Draw balloon strings with squeeze cheese. 
Dipped Oreo Balloon Pops
Just a rip-off of the Mummy Pops from last Halloween.
Follow the same directions but sprinkle with dots and make balloon stems at the bottom.

Balloon bundles in pudding
Large pink marshmallows on lollipop sticks
poked into the foil top of pre-made pudding cup.
Rice Krispy Treat Balloons with Licorice Strings
Make Rice Krispy treats according to directions. Use a cookie cutter to cut balloon shapes (Shawn had the brilliant idea to use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter so it would have a "stem" to tie the "ribbon" around). Sprinkle with dots. Wrap a single licorice string around stem for ribbon. Note: the Krispy treats are sticky enough that the decorations will stick if left to set. Just make sure the licorice ends are under the balloons so they'll be held in place to stick.

Again. You're welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails