Monday, December 28, 2009

My dysfunctional relationship with oatmeal

I don't know how long the road has been that has gotten me to this point.  But, it's been a long and twisted one.

I do remember John Tesh proclaiming from his radio show that you should add a spoonful of peanut butter to your oatmeal for the protein.  Check.  Nevermind that peanut butter probably doesn't go with all flavors of oatmeal - like banana nut bread.

I also know that the DPS highly discourages eating in the car, much less eating oatmeal in the car.

And, the cold part.  Well, I guess that's all me and my busy, get-the-kids-to-school-on-time, mad woman routine in the mornings.  By the time I get to it, it's cold.

And, as long as it's cold, I might as well not rush to scarf it down.  A bite here and there will do, usually finishing the last of it just before lunch.

You know, even I can admit, that's pretty gross.  Though, the repulsion on my out-of-town family's faces when they see me interacting with my oatmeal makes me know that things have gotten really bad.

But, I do know this: I go to bed at night excited about oatmeal in the morning... and midmorning... and afternoon.  Oatmeal, my life would s**k without you.

1 comment:

ckclifford said...

Ali, have you ever tried McCann's Irish Oatmeal? It absolutely kicks the whole oatmeal experience up a notch....as if that's even possible. Get the quick cook kind, although the slow cook version comes in a pretty neat can.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails