Monday, June 27, 2011

Camp Packing FAIL

Spencer went to sleep-away camp for the first time!

We dropped him off on Sunday and we pick him up on Friday. He's there with some of his buddies from school. His counselor was a very sweet, soccer-playing college kid from England. (How cool is that?) I really was quite at ease as we drove away. I sent a care-package; we've written letters and emails. All's well... until...

Tonight.

It hit me like a ton of bricks.

Here's the packing list the camp provided that we used to pack Spence:
  • Camper :)
  • Sleeping bag and/or sheets/blanket 
  • Pillows and Case
  • Towels
  • Wash cloth
  • Laundry bag
  • Swimsuit
  • Shorts
  • One pair of clothes for getting muddy
  • Jeans
  • Light jacket
  • Tops or T-shirts
  • Hat/ball cap
  • Socks
  • Underwear
  • Boots
  • Shoes
  • Sunscreen
  • Insect repellant
  • Stationary, stamps, pen
  • Toiletry items:shampoo, conditioner, soap etc.
  • Flashlight
  • Shower Shoes
  • Disposable Camera
What's missing? Do you see it? If you don't, you're a bad mom... like me...

PAJAMAS!

My boy is at sleep-away camp WITH NO PAJAMAS. Camp is only 45 minutes away. Guess where I'm going to be first thing tomorrow?

And, now. I'm going to try to go to bed and convince myself that he's learning valuable lessons about going with the flow... rolling with the punches... taking things in stride... and all the other cliches I can think of to make myself feel better.

*insert maternal angst here*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails