Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Name That Rodent

A few days ago I posted on Facebook that Elizabeth had come in from playing in the yard to announce, "Mama! Me and Brother found a dead hamster in backyard!" I commented that I didn't know what I was about to see, but I was sure I wasn't going to enjoy it.

For all the world, what I saw looked like a hamster. I even made Shawn come investigate later. He said it didn't "have the coloring of a rat." ?! I don't even really know what that means. I don't think I want to know what that means.

A couple of smart alec friends of mine suggested that they wouldn't believe it until they had photographic evidence. So, Lin and Yvette, be careful what you wish for.

You look. And, tell me that's not a hamster.
I know I don't have a size reference. Just think Zhu Zhu pet.

It seems too fluffy and brown to be a mouse. It even has ears like a hamster (but, to be honest, I don't know that hamsters and mice don't have the same ears). I feel like I need to start polling the neighborhood kids and asking if any of them have lost a pet recently... and then tell them I have some bad news... and a picture.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails