Thursday, February 03, 2011

That Boy Ain't No Dummy

The sheriff's department came to the kids' school today and gave presentations about gun safety. Evidently, when the first graders got ahold of him, they quizzed him about all things "policeman." This is a topic near and dear to Spencer's heart since he has long wanted to be a policeman/firefighter/cowboy/ambulance driver.

He told me that the policeman had two sets of handcuffs "because sometimes he has to arrest big guys." Then he proceeded to show me just how far a "big guy" can get his hands behind his back. In case you were wondering, it's not very far - thus, the need for an extra set of cuffs to bridge the distance. Clever.

Then he told me, "The policeman got sprayed with pepper spray and it took two hours to get it out of his eyes. Then he got tasered, but that wasn't too bad, it just, like, knocks you out for five minutes or so."

I said, "Geez. That's sounds pretty terrible to me."

"Yeah. But, that's the stuff you have to do if you want to be a policeman."

"Wow."

"And, that's why I don't want to be a policeman anymore."

Smart.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails