Wednesday, May 11, 2011

There's a Cake in Your Car

Some of our friends moved on to our street. Their house is still being remodeled even though it was supposed to be finished months ago. But, that's okay. Who doesn't like to look at a porta-potty on their driveway every day?

So, I thought they could use a "Welcome to the Neighborhood/Try Not to Lose Your Minds" cake. And, I a) must really like these people and/or b) must really feel sorry for these people because I decided to share "the" banana cake with them.
Licking the Bowl
I told y'all it was good.

The kids grabbed their scooters, Shawn grabbed the cake and we headed down the street. We got there just in time to discover... they weren't home. *cue sad clown music*

Elizabeth pressed her face to their door and tried to will them to be home. Spencer took the opportunity to practice scooter daredevil tricks on their driveway. And, Shawn and I stood there looking at each other.

Finally, Shawn walked over to their car parked in the drive.

I said, "What are you doing?"

"Seeing if their car's unlocked."

It was.

"What are you going to do?! Call them and say, 'There's a cake in your car'?!"

"That's exactly what I'm going to do."

And, that's exactly what he did.

I saw the dad at school drop-off this morning. He said he was going to keep leaving the car unlocked  just so he could see what else showed up in his backseat.

So, there you have it. That's how the Johnsons roll. Welcome to the neighborhood! There's a cake in your car.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails