Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Duper Easy Recipe

Pulled Pork 
  • 2 lb. pork tenderloin
  • 36 oz. Head Country Bar-B-Q sauce (This hails from Ponca City, Oklahoma - where Shawn and I lived when we were first married.  But, hallelujah! It's carried in United grocery stores and even Wal-mart now.)
  • 1/2 c. water (my friend Elise uses a can of root beer and says that's awesome, too...)
  • Hamburger buns
  • pickle chips (optional)
  • onions (optional)

Combine sauce and water in crockpot.  Add tenderloin, making sure to cover as much as possible with sauce.  My crockpot seems to cook with thermonuclear fusion, so it only takes 4 - 5 hours on Low.  If you have a more traditional slowcooker, you may need to cook it on High, or 7 - 8 hours on Low.  Just before serving, tear the tenderloin apart with forks, leaving it in the sauce.  Serve on hamburger buns (toasted, if you're feeling gourmet) with pickles and onions, if desired.

My kids even liked this - and that's a hard-to-come-by vote of approval!

7 comments:

Crib Tales said...

I'm drooling...

Ali said...

:D

evan said...

yummy!!! thanks for the recipe!

cmjj said...

that is a definite must try....now to Target to buy a crockpot!

Entertaining Women said...

Thanks, Ali. I've already saved this to my recipe file.

Stacey said...

YUM! Thanks for the recipe! (look at me leaving a comment! proud? ha!) I love that Head Country Bar-b-q sauce! It is even labeled gluten free...which is fab for us gf folks. I will try it in a crockpot now. THANK YOU!

Ali said...

Stacey - I'm SO proud. *sniff* *sniff*

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails