Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I vaguely remember the end of school being just this busy last year.  But, then, it's such a blur of activity, my memory is a little overwhelmed.  But, here's a brief recap of the past week:

Kindergarten performed the homily in chapel on Wednesday, Cinco de Mayo.  As I'm sure you'll remember, they've been studying Mexico and had some pretty awesome stuff to share, including the song "Si, Cristo Me Ama."

On the same day, the Kindergarten tumblers performed.


The next day, Thursday, was a groundbreaking for the new Learning Center our school is building.  Spencer got to be the Kindergarten boy representative - and wear a hardhat.  Our little introvert didn't even mind being the center of attention if it meant he got to dig in the playground with a golden shovel!

Spence and Lizzy


Friday was the Preschool Mother's day tea.

Saturday, I had a church meeting and Shawn needed to help his dad "work" some cattle.  So, he took the kids to Amarillo with him.  Elizabeth got to hang out with G'ma and Spencer helped the menfolk.

Having not grown up in a ranching family, I'm a little hazy on the details of "working" cattle, which is probably for the best.  But, the best I can gather is that the calves get immunizations, branded and, if they're male, they get "cut".  *gulp*  I wondered if that would traumatize my City Boy.  But, evidently, when they met the girls for lunch, Spence was really proud to tell G'Ma that "G'Pa cut off the cows' nuts."  Then he told her not to tell Mom because that was pasture talk.  (Sorry, G'Ma, guess they forgot to tell him that G'Ma doesn't need to hear pasture talk either!)  That night, Shawn and I went on a date and Priscilla told us that, at the end of prayers, Spencer said, "And God bless the cows that got their nuts cut off."  (We talked to G'Ma the next day for Mother's Day and she said all the calves were just fine, so your prayers must have worked, buddy.)

Elizabeth even had her own special cattle experience.  They were looking at some calves through a fence and one pawed the ground.  EA decided it was dancing, so she did her recital dance for it.  Later, whenever Spence would approach the fence, the calf would move away.  But, if EA went up to the fence, it would stay.  Awww!  It liked your dance, Lulu!  She's our own little "Calf Whisperer".

Sunday was Mother's Day and I was treated most fabulously by my darling brood.

Monday I took my car in to get its regularly schedule tune-up, and to get the side-view mirror fixed from where I slammed it into the side of the garage (just keep reading, we don't need to dwell on that).  Luckily, my back breaks are worn down, so I get to buy new breaks, too (I really hope you can read the sarcasm in that).  *Cha. Ching.*  I'm sure I need to drop some coins in the therapy fund for Spencer's calf cutting experience, but I can't afford it now.  He's on his own to find a way to deal with this one.  Mama's broke.

So, Shawn's at the mercy of the kindness of his co-workers if he needs to go anywhere during the work hours since I've commandeered his car.  Hey.  I still have to get things done around here.  This household doesn't run itself, you know.  And, it requires a vehicle to shuttle these little people around.  (And, to go where I want to go.  What?  Who said that?)

Maybe life will slow down once summer gets here.  Oh, who am I kidding?

Here's to the beautiful insanity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails