Thursday, April 08, 2010

Priscilla

I've hesitated to tell you about Priscilla because I don't think I can do it justice.  But, I'm gonna give it a whirl...

We have a babysitter.  Sure, I guess you could call her that.  She sits with the babies.  She makes dinner. She does dishes. She empties trash. She runs to the grocery store. (No, you may not have her number.)  But, she is so much more to us.  She's our "Miss 'Cilla".  She is a part of our family.  She loves our kids.  Truly loves them.  She comes to every visitors' day at EA's dance class.  She comes to all of Spence's basketball/soccer/t-ball games.  She has been to every violin recital - and if you've ever been to a violin recital, you know... it's 1% your kid and 99% other people's kids playing stringed instruments - remedially.  :-/  She takes them for playdates when they have a day off school.  She misses us when we travel.

But, along with all of that, she's our friend.

She's the little sister neither of us ever had.  When I was in Kindergarten, I came home one day crying and crying to my mom.  I told her I had prayed that God would give us a baby in a basket like Barney and Betty got Bam-Bam (see a theme for my life here?!) and it had been two days and we still didn't have one!  She kindly told me that's not how you get a little brother or sister.  Well, do I have news for you, Mom!  It did work!  She didn't come in a basket and it took 25 years, but God did bring me a little sister - and she showed up right on my doorstep.

That falls so woefully short of doing justice to our love for this girl.  But, you get the idea.

(Yep.  That's Spence.  Even I'm shocked at how long ago this was...)

Easter 2010

2 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

Cilla even looks a little like you!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

See, this makes my heart happy. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for other people's children. I *hope* they love me as much as you love Miss 'Cilla. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails