Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twilight Faux Pas

My thoughtful sister bought me a ticket to see the new Twilight movie on opening day - since opening day corresponded with our visit. So kind.  She brought me along to the theater and introduced me to some of her other friends that have all loyally attended the previous two movies together.  Now don't get me wrong, I like the Twilight series.  I have read the books.  I've even attended a Twilight book club.

But, while waiting in line (yes, we were waiting in line with all the other teenagers in town) I asked, "Which one is this?  New Moon or Eclipse?"  Stunned silence.  And, as soon as the words were out of my mouth I realized I had simultaneously done two things:
  • I outed myself as someone who merely appreciates the series as entertaining but wouldn't faint dead away in the presence of Robert Pattinson, trade places with Bella Swan if given the chance, plan a family vacation to Forks, Washington, or even stand in line to see the movie the first day it came out if it didn't involve hanging out with friends;
  • AND brought shame to my family (at least in the eyes of my sister).
I'm pretty sure all her friends took a couple steps back from me. And, when I turned my back, she might have even apologized for bringing me.  I DO know that she sat at the other end of the row from me in the theater - but, I choose to believe that's just a coincidence.

Ummm.  It's Eclipse.  Duh.

5 comments:

Brandy White said...

HAHAHA! Funny! I still love you. However, let the mentoring begin....

Ali said...

And I guess you'll have to start with the LOCATION of Forks. I'm going to be really lost in Oregon while all the true Twilight fans are in WASHINGTON!

Mindy said...

Brandy...thx for taking the reins with this... I gladly "Yoda" Ali on all things twilight when she is back in the Hub :)

Ali said...

i sure am glad i have the two of you to keep me from embarrassing myself among the Twilight crowd!

Entertaining Women said...

I'm not sure who needs to be mentoring whom.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails