Monday, June 07, 2010

A Passing Wave to Our Anniversary

Our eleven year anniversary was Saturday, June 5th.  Here's how the week looked: 
  • We returned home from our family reunion vacation (I promise I have pictures to show you from that!) on Tuesday evening.
  • Wednesday I did a whole lot of laundry and Shawn and I both had meetings at church.
  • Thursday evening the kids had their final swim lessons.
  • Friday Lulu had her dress rehearsal for her dance recital (I promise, promise I have some darling pictures to show you from that one!).
  • Saturday was the dance recital complete with two, count 'em, two performances - the last one at 9:00 in the evening.  Yes, you're remembering correctly, she's not even four yet.  (But, she did love every minute of it, so I didn't feel too much like a Toddlers & Tiaras mother - yet.)
  • Sunday morning Shawn left town somewhere around the six o'clock hour (I gotta be honest and say I didn't smile and wave him out the door.  I did roll over and grunt a goodbye to him, though - that's something, right?)  He'll be back Wednesday evening. (Yes, I know.  I just did it again.  Do not come murder me while Shawn is away - I have an alarm and a gun.)
All this to say, this may have been our most pathetic attempt at celebrating an anniversary in all these eleven years.  But, in a way - it wasn't.  Eleven years ago was the day our family was created.  And this year we were completely surrounded and involved with our family of four.  Our kids are more cool than we ever could have imagined.  They bring us immeasurable joy and happiness.  Loving them and raising them together has done nothing but bring us closer.

And we love each other more today than we could have even dreamed possible eleven years ago.  We are each other's best friends.  The rest of the world could disappear (although we wouldn't want it to - our friends and family bring beauty to our lives), but as long as we've got each other, we'll be just fine.  My hurts are his hurts, my victories his.  And visa versa.

So, although this anniversary was less than glamorous, Shawn; and, although you're half a continent away... I wouldn't have our life any other way than exactly how it is.  I love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails