Thursday, September 02, 2010

Prove You're Worthy of Cake


Would you like to hazard a guess as to what my pot full of goo is?

That's right. It's German Chocolate Cake frosting. (Oh. That's not what you guessed? Well, let's move on.)

For almost as long as I've known Shawn, I've known Aunt Reda. (Hi, Aunt Reda!) And, for almost as long as I've known Aunt Reda, I've heard the entire family give her a hard time about her "portion control" on her homemade, from-scratch, German Chocolate Cake. I believe someone actually said you could read through the slices they were so thin. Aunt Reda has always insisted that a) it is NOT as bad as all that; and b) homemade German Chocolate Cake is very labor intensive and she does not want any to go to waste.

Well, I'm here to tell you, Reda, with God as my witness: I'VE. GOT. YOUR. BACK. I will never let another person make fun of the way you serve German Chocolate Cake again. And, as a matter of fact, I will make them prove their appreciation before they are approved for subsequent pieces.

I have come to this cake epiphany today because it's my step-dad's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Bill!) He likes German Chocolate Cake. Well, no ordinary German Chocolate Cake would do (in my mind). Not when I could make one!

How hard could it be?

Does anyone have a sling I could borrow? My stirring arm may never be the same.

You'll have to check back later, but I'm pretty sure, just like Reda's cake, it's going to be worth the pain. I may or may not have licked the pot before I rinsed it - literally. licked it. tongue to pot. licked.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

did you let the pot cool down first? that would have been the hard part for me.

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

yummy. i imagine you are now on a liquid diet. you know, the the 3rd degree burns on your tongue and all.

Ali said...

yep, Amy. liquid diet. but it helps to make up for all the calorie I consumed while pot-licking.

actually, I had to frost the cake while the frosting was still warm, so it allowed the pot to cool to acceptable tongue temperatures. otherwise, mandi, you're right. it would have been a problem...

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails