Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

So, be careful what you wish for.  Or, in my case, shout it from the freaking rooftop and your amazing friends will make it happen!

I mentioned yesterday that I was sad :( [that's me being sad] my blog didn't have it's own domain name like all the fancy bloggers have.  My unbelievably talented friend, who happens to be getting his PhD in marketing and happens to be slightly brilliant (in my humble opinion) about social media marketing said, "Um.  Hello, Doofus?  (Ok.  He was probably nicer than that, but that's what I thought of myself after I realized how long I had gone without taking advantage of him.)  I can set you up a domain name and *blah, blah, blah, blah*" (I gotta be honest.  The rest of the sentence was a string of words that I didn't know could be strung together.  So, their value as useful English was lost on me.)

All I know is that by the end of a coffee break (in which he bought the coffee...  seriously, this is one lopsided friendship :-/ [that's me being flummoxed]), I am now the proud owner of www.theviewfromthejohnsons.com!  And, we're meeting again on Thursday to do even more brilliant things - none of which make any sense to me.

He must keep me around for my charming wit and pleasing personality.  No.  No.  That can't be it.  Oh, well, I'm going to stop asking questions.  I'm just going to say, "THANK YOU, LIN!"

:) [that's me being happy!]


2 comments:

Danny said...

I'm not going to lie: I hoped that the "ask and ye shall receive" was related to the naked bloggers thing that you mentioned in your last post. But this is also good.

Ali said...

It's something *I* asked for, Danny. You're going to have to do your own asking.

Oh. But, "no".

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails