Friday, August 27, 2010

I don't adjust well to change

I'm having a hard time getting used to this school-routine-thing.

Yesterday I missed a meeting at church to meet our co-Sunday School teachers. Not only had I confirmed the date and time.  I had responded to two reminder emails. TWO. I would like to say that I was busy pulling children from a burning building, but I wasn't. If memory serves, I was eating cold spaghetti out of a Tupperware container at the time. *sigh* Oh well, maybe I inadvertently made things easier on myself by leading our teammates to believe that I'm a flake and they will need to be the "responsible adults" in our class.

I don't know if it's waking at 6:15 like a productive human being that's throwing me, or if it's the dueling parts of my psyche when both of my children offhandedly dismiss me when I drop them in their classes each morning. ("Hello? It's me! The woman who gave you life. Can you at least act like you will notice that you will not get to see me for the next 7 1/2 hours?!" is being verbally berated by "Are you kidding?! Could you please be thankful that your children love school so much that they're glad to be here?! And, they are confident in you that you will return in 7 1/2 hours!")

Shawn had the gall to ask me what I was going to do with myself now that both kids were in school five days a week. Well, first I'm going to try to see if there is a grown-up brain in here behind all the Dora music. Then I will assess all the thousand things that have been set aside for the past... say... seven years. My real response was somewhere along the lines of "What I'm not going to do is smack you for asking me that just now. You're welcome."

Anyway... a thousand things... I better get to them. If I could just remember what they were. I have a headache. I think I need a nap.

2 comments:

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

I am both offended and yet completely understand when people ask me what I do all day. Sometimes I wonder myself. I seem to get very little accomplished and yet our house is running smoothly and our finances are in order. I'm either entirely over-productive and don't realize it or I'm just lucky no one notices the piles on my desk and dishes in the sink.

Ali said...

amen, sweet amy! amen!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails