Monday, October 04, 2010

Blog Awards, Blog Etiquette and Mad Redheads

I was awarded The Cherry on Top blog award seven thousand weeks ago by Avant Garde Parenting (an unbelievably, down-to-earth parenting blog by a blogger that has also become my friend - we would so be "besties" in real life ;).


This came with the challenge to answer the question "If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?"
Nope. Not a thing. Not because I think I've done it perfectly (hold on, let me stop laughing about that mere thought), but because every single moment has been in the plan God has for my life. Every single moment has made me just the person I am today with just the life I have today. Not perfect. Not by a long shot. But, perfect for me.
Then I was supposed to choose five other blogs to bestow this award upon...

Last week, my friend at Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! (a great blog by my real-life friend that helps me find the awesomeness that is out in the world when you shop other places than Wal-Mart. I know! Who knew?!) awarded me the One Lovely Blog award.


This one I merely have to acknowledge and thank.
Thank you, thank you, my friend!
And, pay it forward to fifteen blogs... Um. Come again?! Fifteen?! I'm not even sure I know fifteen real-life people, much less fifteen "lovely" blogs. Ok. I kid. But, really?

I'm pretty convinced blog awards are the pleasant version of a chain letter (she gives it to five people... who give it to five more people... who give it to five more people... wait. Is that a chain letter or an STD? I think I'm off track... Oh, yeah. Blog Awards.)

To add to my conundrum, I was scared out of my rookie-blogger pants when I read that Redhead Ranting (I mean, come on! She's a redhead and she's ranting - that's scary enough in and of itself to make you pay attention...) detests blog awards and thinks it's just we newbie bloggers who keep perpetuating them.

So, I've come up with my personal solution for blog awards. I'm going to be flattered, honored and grateful when I receive them. (Someone's telling me I'm awesome? Rock on!) I'm going to complete the tasks they ask of me (within reason. Hear me now: I will not accept the "Eat a Roach" blog award). But, I think I'm just going to have to accept the seven years of bad luck (isn't that the punishment for breaking a chain letter?) for not passing them on.

I'm close enough to redhead to know, you don't want to make us mad.



UPDATE: Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! solved the problem for me. She suggested an "Awards" page. See it up there at the top?

What a doll! She gives me a blog award, thereby boosting my self-esteem; and helps me figure out what to do with it so I don't have to work too hard, thereby enabling my naturally lazy nature. I love her.

5 comments:

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

I couldn't agree more! I was fearful I would be banished by the bloggy world for not passing them on, yet, felt cheap and used doing so.

One blogger I follow has a "trophy case" -- a page on which she displays them with a link to the person who awarded it. No muss, no fuss and no post tooting your own horn. I like that approach best.

Ali said...

i LOVE that idea. i'm stealing it.

Jamie said...

Oohh I like that idea, too. I guess I have to get enough to have a trophy case, though, huh?! HA!

Ali, you are the BEST! Muah! I love you and your mole. (RIP mole. Moment of silence.)

Jamie said...

But not really, because I'm glad it's gone. Just trying to be respectful. To the mole.

Ali said...

NO you don't need enough for a trophy case. I put TWO in there - and i'm thinking of filling the rest with homemade macrame.

the mole actually wrote me an angry letter saying that it didn't think it was given its due respect. so thanks. for the mole. (but, i'm glad it's gone, too. it was getting kind of bossy.)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails