Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Smart Girl

The adults at the table were discussing a check I'm expecting in the mail. (You may now believe me to be an heiress if it makes you feel better. It makes me feel better. As a matter of fact, I'm going to have to insist that you all believe me to be an heiress. Ok. Better. Let's proceed.)

Spence (ever the eavesdropper) started asking me questions about it. I answered him and concluded, laughing, "That's Mommy's job!"

He said, "No it's not! That's not a job!"

Elizabeth piped in from across the table, "Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

You should take a lesson from your sister, Son. Always kiss up to the one expecting money.

2 comments:

Danny said...

I promise, I don't want to hijack your story and make it about my family, but this post put a huge smile on my face, because the last part of this conversation plays out at our table so often, too. Blake: "Blah blah blah ad infinitum blah..." Ava (wanting to get a word in edgewise): "Daddy? I love you."

Ali said...

our girls are brilliant. God bless their significant others someday...

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails