Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween School Day: Johnson-Style

Among the little girls in Pre-K, there were princesses, princesses, princesses, fairies, super heroes, and...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

A DONUT!
Never, in all of your days, have you seen
a girl more proud of her costume choice.

The first graders didn't wear costumes to school. They wore Halloween shirts. And, let me tell you, it's really hard to find "boy" t-shirts that are less in the "creepy and occult" arena:*
and more in the "cute pumpkin and cartoon bat" genre:
(He's so much more interested in showing
his Wolverine claw than his t-shirt.)

Finally, I tried to be cutsie with Spencer's snack bag, since today at school is all about the Halloween fun. But, when decorating your son's snack bag, you should A) make your vampire look like a vampire and not a snake and B) SPELL HIS NAME CORRECTLY.
Needless to say, this was the first attempt.



*Yeah. Yeah. Be quiet. I can try to keep him my sweet little baby boy just a while longer. I'm sure I'll be buying my fair share of creepy Halloween shirts before it's all said and done. At least glow-in-the-dark still works to my benefit... at the moment...

14 comments:

Danny said...

I want to seriously dip her in coffee and eat her, is how cute she is in that picture.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is the best costume EVER!!!! Did you make it?! So. good.

JoAnna said...

As one who has made costumes for kids I don't even have, I say BRAVO to the mother who made her kid a doughnut. You did make it, right?

And I can't stop laughing because you spelled his named wrong. I know what happened. You were so excited about your creativity and working so hard to make it right that you left out the N. I love it!

Ali said...

danny - almost every time she wears it she says, "i hope nobody tries to eat me!" so, i'm not going to tell her you said that! ;)

oh, jamie & sparkling - how darling you girls are to believe i have it in my abilities to make a costume. so, yes. let's go with that - and i'm going to need you both to promise you will never pick up the Pottery Barn Kids costume catalogue.

and, sparkling - you nailed it on the head. i was so proud of myself - and then so disappointed in the snake/vampire - that the "n" just slipped my mind.

Kimberly said...

You toally need to dress uplikee Homer Simpson to go with that donut! That would be hilarious!

Ali said...

or a policeman!

Entertaining Women said...

Or a 'cup a joe.'

Ali said...

do you think it would have been hard to convince spence he needed to be "coffee" for halloween? i should have tried! :D

April said...

A girl after my own heart! That donut costume is nothing short of fabulous! I just thought it was adorable in the catalog. The little cutie patootie wearing it completes it! Love it, love it, love it!

Ali said...

thanks, april!

Kelly Campbell said...

Love the donut costume! And, I completely agree about the evil, cult-like Halloween shirts for boys. I really wish Carter's just made clothing for kids through age 50.

Ali said...

OOOH! kelly! you're brilliant! let's start a letter-writing campaign to get carter's to expand their line.

Anonymous said...

Τheу аre willing to do ѕome
repair wοrk, clеaning, and dеbris pickuρ, you have to convert to Lance Moorе Jerѕey а digital ѕystem!
Aѕ you wаlk furthеr, the Dalit and Muslim quarteгѕ are now
mostly in weаtherρroof bricκ.

my homepagе :: social media internet marketing

Anonymous said...

Ultimately providing them with the most cost effective tool in existence, Nofollow.
One way inbound links from sites that have the words 'click here' on the link to
all those web-sites. Our campaign tactics are based on two terms viz.
If you are looking to spend a full day fishing.


Feel free to surf to my website ... organic search engine optimization

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails