Saturday, October 16, 2010

Faith is Belief in Things Not Seen

Ever since I was a girl, I've thought of sunbeams as a visible sign of God. Like He's reaching down from Heaven to touch the face of His creation.

But, I only ever see sunbeams shining down through cloud, or trees.

I sat in my car yesterday on a perfectly ordinary day, at a perfectly ordinary stop light. Everything I saw with my eyes was perfectly ordinary.

I turned on my phone. It was still on the camera function. This is what I saw.


I lowered the phone. I looked around. Nothing. I raised the phone. Sunbeams. I lowered it. Nothing. I raised it. Sunbeams.

"Whaddup, God? Message received. Thanks."



May God grant you always...
a sunbeam to warm you,
a moonbeam to charm you,
a sheltering Angel
so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.
Faithful friends near you.
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.
                       -Irish Blessing

Just as there comes a warm sunbeam into every cottage window, so comes a love - born of God’s care for every need.
                       -Nathaniel Hawthorne

5 comments:

Confabulicious.com said...

My kids came home from their youth group the other night and they had been given empty boxes with boxs on top.

I asked them what they were and they said,

"The gift of faith".

I love what your camera caught. Faith is an amazing attribute.

XO

Kim
www.confabulicious.com

Ali said...

thanks, confabulicious. i love what it caught, too. maybe i should make myself boxes like your kids so i don't forget quite so often!

Ali said...

:)

Kimberly said...

This is lovely. I needed this. It was like a nice warm fuzzy virtual hug. Thank you for sharing!

Ali said...

i'm so glad, kimberly. sending you lots of nice, warm, fuzzy virtual hugs!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails