Friday, October 08, 2010

I don't know what this proves, but it must be something BAD

I was sorting through the pictures in my iPhoto, identifying them with the facial recognition feature. For those of you who don't know, this is a creepy big brother cool feature wherein you identify a person in a couple of picture and then the computer is able to use facial recognition to suggest that person in other pictures. This is a handy, handy sorting feature.

I received a picture of Shawn and me from an 80s costume party we recently attended.

Original picture
(notice the perfect 80's bangs I was able to recreate that night):

And, now, notice what iPhoto wanted to label as individual people:

What kind of fashion horror did we live through that our bangs had their own facial recognition properties?!

8 comments:

Danny said...

First, that is a really cool software feature.

Second, this makes me think of when people spot Jesus in a fencepost or a tortilla. Maybe iPhoto sees something in your bangs that we don't!

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

OMGoodness! That is classic! Your sis would be proud.

JoAnna said...

I am so afraid that hair is returning... Leggings have come back. I saw a middle school boy wearing his collar up. It's only a matter of time before we're using bottles of hair spray and sporting the mile high 'dos again!!!

Ali said...

danny - do you think people will start gathering in my front yard hoping to catch a glimpse of "The Bangs"?!

amy - i sent her a pic that night. she was proud. i think she probably had tears in her eyes.

sparkling - i WILL take a stand on this issue. that 'do should NEVER be allowed to return.

Lin Humphrey said...

If Ali ever gives you toast with the Virgin Mary, don't get excited. I gave her a VM toast press (Holy Toast). Just a fair warning.

Ali said...

LIN! that's was my back-up after they stopped coming for "The Bangs". great. now it's back to the drawing board.

Kimberly said...

I am really surprised that hairspray didn't become extinct because of 80's hair. Seriously. I won't lie, I did rock out the bangs with the addition of a really really bad perm. Sigh...what were we thinking?!

Ali said...

kimberly - my sister did the hairspray/perm combo and she had hair that defied gravity. it was a masterpiece. what WERE we thinking?!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails