Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthdays Birthdays Everywhere

My in-laws live 2 hours away.  My father-in-law's birthday is January 21st.  So, today we loaded the kids into the car, popped in the movie "Madagascar" and drove 45 minutes to have a birthday lunch at the "half-way" point.

Our waitress would have probably preferred that we'd not camped out at our table for two hours.  But, selfishly, we didn't care.  We gave each of the kids an iPhone (seriously spoiled children) and we grown-ups had some great conversation.

Then we "hugged out" and zoomed back home to a chorus of "I have to poop!" and (after letting them poop) put the kids down for nap.

Tonight we have a surprise party for another friend (a friend that I hope doesn't know about this blog...)  So, the celebrating just keeps going and going.

All in all, a pretty nice little Saturday.

P.S.  You know.  Come to think about it, I know a lot of people with January birthdays.  There's my sister, my step-sister, my step-mother, my niece, a cousin's baby...  Seriously.  I know what you people have been doing to celebrate Easter!

4 comments:

Brandy White said...

I think Megan was Cinco de Mayo...haha!!

Ali said...

¡Celebración! :D

Mixtape Jones said...

Your cousin's husband...

Ali said...

DANG! i knew i was going to forget someone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN 4 DAYS, DAVID!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails