Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life May Resume

Shawn and I got new phones.  It made me come to terms with how dependent I have become on my phone.  I knew that everyone's schedules were in there.  I knew every contact we have was in there.  I knew every to-do list item I had was in there.  (I mean, seriously.  If I lose my phone, when will I know it's time to change the vacuum cleaner belt?)

I did not know that the mere uncertainty of whether it would all transfer to the new phone or not (and I was pretty certain it would), would cause me to sit at the dinner table and have what I can only describe as a mild anxiety attack.  My heart was racing a thousand miles a minute and I couldn't catch my breath.

But, now, after two completely unproductive days that revolved around phone set-up, exploration and organization, it's all on the new phone and better than ever.  And, my ability to take deep breaths has returned.  All's well.

Life may resume.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails