Thursday, January 28, 2010

Test

Being with Shawn's mom's family has reminded me of one of my first memories of his family.  About six months before we got married, I went skiing with Shawn's mom, Marie (aka Toodie), his Aunt Reda, Uncle Bill and cousin Amy - it was supposed to be a "girls' trip", but Bill was allowed to come because he's downright handy to have around.

It must have been Amy's presence that helped me not completely freak out about going on vacation with Shawn's family and having to play nice.  For those of you that know me very well, I usually find the "line" and shortly thereafter leap over it.  This could have been a problem if my future in-laws were very uptight.  Luckily, it didn't take very long for me to realize that "uptight" would never be a word to describe them, and I was getting an awesome deal in the in-law department.

Anyway, somewhere during the ski trip a test was created for me.  The test concerned Marie and Reda's ten other siblings, their names and their birth orders.  They never said it out loud, but I'm pretty sure, had I not passed the test, they would have found a way to put an end to the wedding.  Well, however it came about, eleven years down the road I still haven't forgotten those twelve siblings.  So now, for you and for bragging rights...
  1. Darla
  2. George
  3. Marie
  4. Reda
  5. Gerald
  6. Jackie
  7. Becky
  8. Gwen
  9. Junior
  10. Debbie
  11. Robert
  12. Lynette
Thank you.  Thank you very much.

P.S.  I'm pretty sure Shawn can't do this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails