Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy Epiphany

Epiphany is the day that the wisemen finally made their way from their far off lands in the east, following the star, to find the baby Jesus.  Happy Epiphany!  It's today and our church had an Epiphany pageant.

Elizabeth was an angel.  And, such a sassy angel you have never seen.  I'm pretty sure I saw her giving a wiseman the "what for".  May she have this much confidence all her life long.



And, Spencer (who you might remember is NOT our performer) froze as we walked into the fellowship hall only to announce, "I don't want to be in the play!"  Our rector's wife, Renee, in all her infinite kindness and compassion told him, "You know what, Spence?  That's ok, you can be my helper!"  And, help he did.  He was in charge of the bell ringing anytime Renee needed to get everyone's attention, he handed out programs and generally followed Renee around like a shadow "just in case she needed anything."


I was reminded of the Danish proverb, "Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart."  Because watching how important Spencer felt, and how included he felt, melted my heart and made me so grateful for angels that walk among us - like Renee.  God bless her and her true fruit of the Spirit (those would be: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, if you don't want to have to Google it like I did...).

And, one last thing.  We ran short on kids (well, no kidding, the Johnsons brought a production assistant instead of an actor...), so some of the dads had to step in as shepherds.


I'm sorry.  Did I say shepherds or Al Qaeda?

2 comments:

cmjj said...

Ali! You are so hilarious!!!!!!! I look forward to your posts because they make me laugh ;) And do you have a "little Ali" in the making?

Ali said...

clearly! right?! but, she's even MORE social than i am, marcy! she can perform like a diva or, unlike me, hold an hour-long conversation with anyone who'd like to visit. she's personality plus!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails