Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Exercise

I H-A-T-E to exercise.  You know that saying about only running if someone was chasing you?  I think I can take it one further.  I think I would let them catch me as opposed to having to run from them.  I'm thinking of a personal mantra of "I don't like to sweat.  Ever.  Ohm."

I would much rather maintain my weight by obsessively controlling the number of calories I consume.  I know, I know, this is not the healthiest of habits.  I'm also aware that I probably have the bone density of an 88-year-old woman.

But, things are starting to settle and bulge in ways that they shouldn't.  I have a sneaking suspicion that only muscle definition will put these things back where they belong - either that or a complicated hoist and pulley system.

So, I need to join a gym.  Or take a walk.  Here and now I'm making a resolution.  I'm resolving to start thinking about exercising.

7 comments:

ckclifford said...

That's my girl! At 64, I'm still thinking about it!

Brandy White said...

I wish you had a little blurb about the hike in Austin. That was funny....

Ali said...

that was funny. but, i am unable to write about it since i have blocked it from my mind. :D

Brandy White said...

haha!!!

Mindy said...

watch what you post...now i can hold you accountable! seriously, when it warms up you call me and we'll speed walk together...you'd be surprised how fast I can walk on these short little legs! :)

Ali said...

mindy - you mean people actually walk? outside?! in the elements?! ;)

evan said...

come to Bodyworks for Women!!! You can take my pilates class!! OR you can have me come to your house for personal pilates training. Your bones will thank you!! And I really think you will love it :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails