Monday, January 25, 2010

Coffee with Cressinda

Oh, Cressinda, you knew it would happen, didn't you?  You knew that if you talked about the blog you were destined to become a part of it, right?

I had coffee with Cressinda today!  I've known Cressinda for 20 years.  (That's so hard to believe since we're barely past the age of 20...  Anyway...)  She lends credence to the adage that you should make new friends but keep the old.  Friends like Cressinda help you remember from where you come, but also how far you've come.  Neither of us is, nor would we want to be, the people we were 20 years ago.  It's been a long and twisting road that has brought us each to where we are today.  But I don't think either of us would trade a single moment, or the wisdom we've gained from travelling it.  And, it's good to look into the eyes of a friend who just knows it all without any explanation.

So, even though it was scary to "use my words out loud" and not get to edit them for humor and content before I put them out there, it was good to be together.

Ok, C, I promise not to make you blog fodder every time we get together.  So, please promise you'll call again the next time you come to town.  I love you, Ha Ha!

2 comments:

Brandy Kitten Scott said...

Love your blog and your honesty! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that lunch...just so I could know what's going on with old friends--not old in age...you know what I mean. LOL.

Springer said...

It makes me happy to picture the two of you having coffee.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails